In August, a week before school started, we took off for a 17 hour excursion to Guaymas, Mexico with a small group of SUU pre-medical students. Yuck, I know. To make matters worse, we were traveling in two Shakespearean Festival vans from SUU. The vans were plastered in theatrical scenes of men in leather pants with swords, or a "make-out" scene with Romeo and Juliette. If that didn't scream "please arrest me" to all the corrupt cops in Mexico, I didn't know what else would. Anyway, our whole purpose in going to Mexico for a week was to gain medical experience and knowledge of third-world practices. Each day we spent many hours side-by-side doctors and surgeons.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Mexico Trip, August 2008
In August, a week before school started, we took off for a 17 hour excursion to Guaymas, Mexico with a small group of SUU pre-medical students. Yuck, I know. To make matters worse, we were traveling in two Shakespearean Festival vans from SUU. The vans were plastered in theatrical scenes of men in leather pants with swords, or a "make-out" scene with Romeo and Juliette. If that didn't scream "please arrest me" to all the corrupt cops in Mexico, I didn't know what else would. Anyway, our whole purpose in going to Mexico for a week was to gain medical experience and knowledge of third-world practices. Each day we spent many hours side-by-side doctors and surgeons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment