Here's the lastest DIRT on the DAHLIN family:

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Crawling, Standing, What's Next?





Eva is now 5 months old and she continues to amaze us! We sometimes wonder why she can't be content with slobbering and screaming. However, as much as she keeps us on our toes, it is fun to watch this uncontainable spirit learn and grow. She is such a joy in our lives!
At 5 months Eva is:
Eating veggies! She won't eat them by themselves, I have to mix the veggies in with her rice cereal.

Doing the crawl-scoot. It is a mixture of the two. Watch the video, it is pretty wild. She can get around pretty quick.

Pulls herself to a stand! The first time she did this was about a week ago. I laid her down on her back in her pack-in-go playard and when I came back less than a minute later she was standing up! Now that she is more of a pro, she uses the couch and other items of furniture to bring herself to a stand. She doesn't like crawling, usually she will cry until she is standing up.

Splashing in the bathtub. She has been splashing for months with her legs, but recently she started to splash with her hands. She will get really wild and water will be going everywhere, including on her face and in her eyes, but she doesn't mind! She's my girl!

She also can stand for several seconds on her own. She gets into the "Cowgirl" stance, I let go of her hands, and she will balance herself for several seconds. It is pretty cute.

Anyway, that is Eva. Here are a few pictures and videos showing her recent accomplishments.
Here is the first time she pulled herself to a stand in her pack-in-go:


Here is the first time she pulled herself to a stand by using the couch:
(She started off on her belly but i didn't grab the camera in time)


Here is a clip of her newest version of crawling:

5 comments:

Nat and Charles said...

Okay, she is so advanced! Seriously! Bella does that same scoot-crawl thing...we'll have to make them race when we visit! I love the standing up thing, that is so cool! She's so little - you guys are in for it, man. I bet she's walking in a few months!

Ashley and Daniel Tanner said...

I've decided that Bella and Eva make Lucy look like a really calm child. She loves to just sit and watch everyone.

Unknown said...

Not only is my son a freakin genius,(See white coat ceremony), but so is my granddaughter. Seriously, you guys are is soooo much trouble. She is amazing and I love watching all of you. Jodi, add some pictures of yourself sometime--after all you must be a genius yourself or at least Wonder Woman

Laura and Shawn said...

I loved reading your blog! I am wondering if it would be okay if I put a link to your blog on our blog. If you want to check out our blog, it is www.laurashawnfisher.blogspot.com

Brittany & Ryan said...

That is NUTS!! I have to admit I am glad Ryleigh is not doing that yet!! Eva is SO advanced. You better keep your eye on that one haha!!