Here's the lastest DIRT on the DAHLIN family:

Monday, November 1, 2010

"Beneath the clothes, we find a man... and beneath the man we find... his... nucleus."--Nacho Libre

BEFORE scrolling down to view the pictures, watch this video where Eva will tell you what she was this year for Halloween:





That's right, the Dahlins were the Nacho Libre clan this year.  Eva (yes, she is a girl) dressed up as Nacho, Aaron was Esqueleto (Nacho's trusty sidekick), and I was Sister Encarnacion (the nun).

Our costumes were a big hit!  Since they don't sell Nacho Libre costumes or patterns, I designed and handmade everything!  It paid off though.  We won the grand prize at Aaron's Medical School costume competition!  Winning grand prize meant that we walked away with 2 movie passes, a $25 restaurant gift card, and a free t-shirt!  Thanks guys for voting for us!  We also won best pair (Aaron and Eva) at our Church's Halloween contest.  That prize was a yummy apple pie.

So, needless to say, Halloween was a hoot this year.  It was the first time Eva has gone Trick-or-Treating, which was, of course, a big hit for her.  Check out all the fun we had this year:
Nacho "cheesing" up for a picture.  We are at the Halloween party put on by Aaron's school.

How do you like this smile?  Oh, and that isn't chocolate on her mouth, that is a mustache.

A lot of people asked if Eva was wearing a wig!  Nope, I used those fabulous foam curlers.  This is before.

This is after!

Our church Halloween party had a fun hayride for the children.  Eva loved this.

Trick-or-Treat!

More smiles.  Silly smiles.

Love this girl.

Here is the Halloween contest at Aaron's school.  We are on the right, if you don't recognize us.  I am wearing my full costumes here.  For some reason I didn't make it home with part of my costume :(  Lost and gone forever.
The darling Dahlin's

5 comments:

mc said...

Jodi! I can't believe your costumes! Those are legit. I'm going to watch Nacho Libre with Mom tomorrow so she can see how perfect they are. I love Aaron's smile too, but I can't stand Eva with her curly hair and how perfect those little tights are. So outrageous. Nicely done. We are getting might excited to see you guys. Also, I hope Aaron has a great birthday and it can be some what restful, good day.

Brie Wheelwright said...

Love it! That was hilarious.

TisforTonya said...

awesome! my niece (other side of the family) and her Sadies' date went as Nacho Libre and the Nun... Eva pulls off the tights and stretchy pants a little better though :)

Tricia Lee Riggio said...

that is freakin hillarious!

Linda said...

I know you posted this forever ago, but I haven't looked at blogs forever. And I can't stop laughing. I usually don't bother Dixon with blog stuff, but I made him come look at this post! We love it.