At 9 months Eva is still our wiggly and wild girl. She never ceases to amaze and delight us. For instance, at her nine month appointment I was drilled all the usual questions from the pediatrician. "Does she understand, 'no,' and, 'bye?' Can she sit on her own? Is she able to stand on her own? Is she taking steps along the furniture?" "Yes, yes, yes, yes," I answered. The doctor then performed a quick physical on Eva. She stood her on the table and said, "Wow, she is pretty strong." Then she put her on the floor and held her hands to she if Eva would take a few steps for her. Eva, of course, would have none of this. I am not exaggerating when I say that Eva shoved the doctor's arms out of the way and walked all the way across the room to Momma. Our stunned doctor ended the physical right then and there.
Eva is also talking. "Doggie" was her first word. Eva and Boa (our dog) are as thick as thieves...whatever that means. Eva likes to shove anything and everything into Boa's face to lure Boa into a game of tug-o-war.
"Sippy," for sippy cup, was Eva's second distinguishable word. Though it sounds more like, "Thip-thee."
"Eat" and "Daddy" are her other two words that we think she is saying, but can't be too sure on. What I would like to know is what happened to "Mommy?" I guess she knows I respond better to screaming, coughing, and kisses.
We love ya girlie.















3 comments:
Jodi!!! Okay, seriously, Eva is AMAZING! I can't believe she's doing all that! I love watching her walk across the room - she's WAY fast! And I love her cute clothes you're making! That's totally what I want to do...maybe if I learned how to sew that would be the first step. :) That first picture is my favorite- she looks so grown up, she's not a baby anymore!!!
Holy cow!!!! I can't belive she is walking that well...I thought Lucy was doing pretty well because she pulls herself up to stand next to the couch and then sits back down... Way to go Eva!!! What did the doctor say about her walking?
I love Eva's clothes! Way to be Jodi. Also, you daughters incredible cute - only more cute with her fancy clothes.
Post a Comment