Here's the lastest DIRT on the DAHLIN family:

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sacrifice Brings Forth the Blessings of Heaven


With the temple so far away, traffic so terrible, the temple so packed, and Aaron's schedule without any breathing room, the Dahlin family doesn't make it to the temple as often and they would like. However, we made it our goal to go to the temple at our first available chance, which happened to be during spring break. Day Five was suppose to be temple day, and when our little girl fell ill we nearly canceled our trip. It's a good excuse right? Eva was in the E.R. that morning and still was on continuous doses of Tylenol and Motrin to keep her fever down. However, as the day wore on, I felt strongly that we still needed to make the effort to go. Yes it was a sacrifice, but I felt that we needed the blessings. It reminded me a little of the woman who had an issue of blood in the bible who desired to touch the hem of Christ's garment. "For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole" (Matthew 9:21). I know our Savior desires to bless each of us and know that He has always opened the windows of heaven and poured out blessings upon our family. For this I am very grateful.


3 comments:

Jamie Bills said...

Holy cow, I LOVE the picture of your baby girl sitting in front of the temple smiling. She is adorable!!

Tricia Lee Riggio said...

llooooove ava's dress. i miss seein ya at the park. you better be there tomorrow. cute hair by the way!!!

Tiffany Scholes said...

These are great pictures! I'm glad you decided to go to the temple. You're awesome.