Here's the lastest DIRT on the DAHLIN family:

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday Eva Dear!







That's right! Our baby celebrated her first birthday last week. Honestly, I'm still getting over the "mother" thing, and now I have a one year old... How time flies when you are having FUN! And fun it is! Aaron and I love being parents of this wild and full of life little girl. During her first 365 days we never experienced a dull moment. What a blessing she is to our family.
We celebrated a Hawaiian Luau in honor of Eva at a local splash park. Eva invited all of her friends (a.k.a Dad's and Mom's friends who have kids) to join her during this monumental event. We had Hawaiian haystacks, Hawaiian pizza, and fresh fruit to feast on for dinner. Then we all headed over to the splash park to "cool off." Of course Eva had to have a blow-out in her swimsuit right before the party started. Thus the naked baby running around in the pictures. Eva had a blast! She just ran around on her own, loving the water. She didn't stop until her lips started chattering. So we rescued her with a towel. Too bad her towel got Hawaiian haystack sauce poured on it...we used a clean rag instead.



Then the party headed back to the tables for dessert and gift opening.
For dessert we ate a fabulous custom cake. My talented friend make it for Eva. Check out her blog to see more of her creations. Thanks Amy! Then we opened gifts. Eva made a steal in clothing! It was great. Thanks everyone for coming! We appreciate your love, support, and friendship. Thanks to all Eva's grandparents as well. We really appreciate your thoughtfulness. And one last shout out to Natalie and Charles, thanks for Eva's early birthday gift! We loved seeing you guys!


Here are a few (or more) one year pictures I snapped a few days after her birthday. She is wearing a birthday gift from another talented friend. Check out her website. She has some fabulous stuff. Thanks Tricia, we love the shirt!
Happy Birthday Eva! We love you!







6 comments:

Tricia Lee Riggio said...

soooo cute!! it looks even better on. do you minde if I grab those pics to post with that item on my shot?

Amyann6 said...

Ahhh! The pictures are so cute! Send me the pic of Eva and Gabe's kiss, although I think I can just save it on my computer.
You're welcome again for the cake. Anytime, seriously!

Ashley and Daniel Tanner said...

Happy Birthdya Eva!!!! It looks like you all had a ton of fun. Lucy also likes to give kisses and hugs.

Aaron and Jodi said...

Tricia, snag all the pictures you'd like. Or I have lots of others that I could email ya that might show off her clothing a little better. Whatever.

Shannon Makes Stuff said...

Hey I just posted Eva's present on my blog. I was going to give it to you at craft night...and uh...spaced it...Maybe I'll send it to school with Eli to give to Aaron...

Jamie said...

Your little girl is so cute! I'm so excited that I have your blog address so I know what's going on with you guys! I hope you are doing well!