It's official, I am now married to a second lieutenant in the United States Army! No, I didn't remarry, Aaron was sworn in on July 21st. We have decided to let the Army pay for our yearly $46,000 medical school tuition, as well as added living expenses. Aaron will be attending medical school here in Arizona for the next four years, followed by a three year residency and a three year fellowship. That is TEN more years of training ahead of us. We figured that by that time we will be gray with walkers, and we didn't want to have to worry about paying off $300,000+ in debt! Anyway, the swearing in process was very cool. Aaron had to promise to defend the "Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that [he] will bear true the faith and allegiance to the same; that [he will] take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that [he] will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which [he] is about to enter; SO HELP [HIM] GOD."
Congrats Aaron!















2 comments:
Congrats guys. We felt that the army route was the best for us as well. Josh was so nervous to do that for Aaron and he felt bad that we had already packed all of our clothes but I'm glad that you were still excited about it! P.S your baby girl is just adorable!!!
Congratulations, Lt. Dahlin. I guess that means when/if I come in, you'll outrank me! I imagine the medical program is similar to the legal program, and you will make captain in 6 months. Is that how it works?
Post a Comment